Friday 14 August 2015

Dialogue (Expressions of Offering to do something, Invitation, Sympathy and Condolences)


EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE (CONSISTS OF EXPRESSIONS OF OFFERING SOMEONE TO DO SOMETHING, INVITATION & SYMPATHY/CONDOLENCES)
AT SCHOOL
A       : We have no activity after school, right?
B       : Yes actually.
A       : Do you have idea where will we go?
B       : No, I don’t. How about you?
A       : Would you like to go to the cinema after school with me? There is a movie
           “Mission Impossible 5” starred by Tom Cruise.
B       : Wow. I like action movie. That’s good idea. We can go there after school.
(AFTER SCHOOL)
A       : Hi. How about our plan? Shall we go to the cinema?
B       : I am deeply sorry. I can’t join you.
A       : Why? Did you say that you can join me to go to the cinema?
B       : Yes I did. But my friend called me just now. He got an accident when he
  was riding a motorcycle with his friend.
A       : Oh Goodness.! How is he?
B       : He is hospitalized now. His leg was broken.
A       : What a terrible situation! Why don’t you go there to visit him?
B       : Yes of course. I’ll go there.
(AT A HOSPITAL)
B       : That’s really too bad. I’m sorry to hear it.
C       : Thank you. I’m still lucky although my leg was broken. But my friend ....  
            (While crying)..... He’s passed away.
B       : What?!?!? He’s passed away?
C       : Yes, he got a terrible accident and passed away.
B       : It must be pretty hard on you. Let me offer my condolences to your friend.
C       : Thank you. It’s God’s will. I suppose.
B       : Actually. There’s nothing that can be done about it. May him take a rest in
            peace.  Ameen.


No comments:

PENGAYAAN SOAL US BAHASA INGGRIS TAHUN 2023

  LATIHAN SOAL UJIAN SEKOLAH BAHASA INGGRIS TAHUN 2023   LISTENING SECTION File listening, dapat diakses di tautan berikut: https://drive.go...